- Creating a Schedule for At-Home Learning
- Attending to Socioemotional Needs in the Quarantined Home
- SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Line (24/7): Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor
- Solano County Crisis Resources (PDF)
- Boris Lawerence Henson Foundation Offers Free Virtual Therapy for the African American Community
- Parenting and Technology in a Pandemic
- 17 Apps to Help Kids Stay Focused
- How to Clean and Disinfect Your Home
- How to Talk to Your Kids about Coronavirus
- PIQE Online Resources & Covid-19 Information
- So You Have Questions About the Corona Virus (SPANISH)
- Supporting Children That Are Worried About the Coronavirus
- Child Mind Institute – When a child is struggling, the whole family is affected. At the Child Mind Institute we want to help you make good decisions for your kids and navigate the challenges of parenting. We explore the concerns and challenges we hear about most from parents and provide expert guidance on how to respond in the most effective way.
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America – Spanish & English
- Recursos en español
- El Rostro del Trauma
- ¿Por que tenemos temor/estigma en buscar ayuda para nuestra salud mental?
Access to Food
- Application for Free/Reduce Lunch: https://www.nlappscloud.com
- School Menus – Google Drive LINK
- GTA Grab & Go Meals, Mondays and Thursdays 11:00 pm – 1:00 pm. Please park on Rainier St to come into MIT Academy through the back gate. Contact Diana Yepez for questions at [email protected].
Solano County Food Stamps Program (Cal Fresh) -to apply, contact 1-877-847-3663 or visit https://www.
Food Bank of Solano County- https://www.
foodbankccs.org/get-help/ foodbycity/get-food-vallejo. html
VCUSD Meal Services, https://
- Solano County Department of Health and Social Services: Food assistance, Cash AID assistance, Covered CA resources, Child welfare services
- Solano County Emergency Pop-Up Childcare
- Verizon Smart Family, Location Tracking & Parental Protection
Smart family offers Location Tracking and Check-in options. Pause your child’s internet access and manage calls and text. Block certain sites with content filters.
- Sprint Parental Controls – From Sprint
Kids get stylish phones to keep connected with friends and family, while you can control Internet access, texting, content purchases, voice calls and camera use.
Family and Parental Controls | T-Mobile Privacy CenterT-Mobi
le offers parents device management and blocking controls through optional family allowances services. Learn more about these services here.
Physical Well-Being –
- Exercising to Relax
- How to Get A Full-Body Strength Training Workout at Home
- See 10 Do 10
- Sleep Guidelines During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Stress Relief Tips and Exercises
- Total Body Strength Training and Core Workout for Beginners
- Variety of techniques can help calm the mind for better sleep
- Johnson & Johnson 7 Minute Workout
- Latinx Therapy
- How to Handle Coronavirus Anxiety
- Breathing Exercises to Relieve Anxiety and Stress
- How to Calm Down When You Feel Anxious
- Beat Your Isolation Loneliness
- Coping During Covid 19 How to Stay Happier and Calmer in Difficult Times
- How to Work Productively From Home in a Time of Social Distancing
Mental Health Apps
Created by the VA’s National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), PTSD Coach offers everything from a self-assessment for PTSD, to opportunities to find support, positive self-talk, and anger management. What’s great about this app is that you can customize tools based on your own individual needs and preferences, and integrate your own contacts, photos, and music.4
Sometimes you just need to breathe and remind yourself you are okay. Breathe2Relax is made for just that. Created by the National Center for Telehealth and Technology, this app is a portable stress management tool that teaches users a skill called diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe2Relax works by decreasing the body’s ‘fight-or-flight’ stress response, making it a great option for people suffering from PTSD.
nOCD was designed with the help of OCD specialists and patients to incorporate two treatments: mindfulness and Exposure Response Prevention Treatment. You can receive immediate, clinically-supported guidance when an OCD episode strikes, take weekly tests to assess the severity of your OCD, and have motivational support along the way. One user calls nOCD “a free therapist in your pocket!”
Need a happy fix? With its psychologist-approved mood-training program, the Happify app is your fast-track to a good mood. Try various engaging games, activity suggestions, gratitude prompts and more to train your brain as if it were a muscle, to overcome negative thoughts. The best part? Its free!
MoodTools aims to support people with clinical depression by aiding the path to recovery. Discover helpful videos that can improve your mood and behavior, log and analyze your thoughts using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) principles, develop a suicide safety plan and more with this free app.